Parent page: Horse Racing Betting Types
There are many options of bets to choose from when it comes to placing a wager. Once you know all the types of bets that are available in horse racing, it gets easier to place a bet in an area where you feel you are more likely to win.
Some of the Betting Type Options
- Single: This is arguably the most common type of bet among people who place wagers on horse racing. This is a straight win bet that is put on one horse racing event.
- Double: This is when a gambler places a single bet on two different outcomes in two different events. Both of the selections that are made must win for them to win the bet.
- Treble: This is when a gambler places a single bet on three different outcomes in different events. All of the three selections that are made must win for them to win the bet.
- Accumulator: This is when a gambler places more than four selections on horses that are likely to win a bet. All the selections must win for them to win the bet.
- Trixie: This is where the gambler picks three horses that are likely to win. The three horses that have been chosen are then turned into four different bets. To win the bet, the bettor must have a minimum of two selections.
- Patent: This type of bet involves three selections done in seven bets. It is similar to the Trixie bet, but the difference is that a patent has an additional three singles.
- Lucky 15 This is considered to be one of the popular betting types among bettors. It has four sections and 15 bets. There are four singles, four trebles, six doubles, and a fourfold.
Understanding the betting types requires betters to do research and choose the one they feel they are more likely to win.