Parent page: Horse Racing Betting Types
There are many types of bets available for wagers who want to place their bets on horse racing. There is no particular good bet. As long as you have mastered the betting strategies, you should be able to win regardless of the type that you choose. Some of the popular types of bets are:
- Win Bets As the name suggests, this bet simply means you win when the horse you placed a bet on finishes the race first.
- Place Bets This is when the horse you placed a bet on wins in first position or second position.
- Show Bet This is when the horse you placed a bet on finishes either in first position, second or in the third position.
- Tricast Bet: This bet is sometimes called the trifecta bet. In this type of bet, you place your bet on three horses that you are convinced are likely to finish the race in the first position, second and third place. They must finish in the same order for you to win. The payouts for this type are always high.
- Reverse Tricast: This bet is sometimes called the combination tricast. This is where you place a bet on the horse that will hit the finish line first, second and third. They can finish in any order.
- Forecast Bet: This is when you place your bet on the horse that you think will finish in first and second position, in that same order.
- Reverse Forecast: This is when you choose the horses you are convinced will finish first and second, not considering the order. As long as the horses you placed a bet on finish first and second, you win the bet.
- First Four: This is also called the superfecta bet. In this type of bet, you choose the horses you think will win the first position, second, third and in the fourth position, in that exact order.